Study Abroad & Travel Resources
- CampusFrance - Begin here for French visas
- Study in Australia website - Australian Government has announced the launch of a comprehensive website specifically for North American students considering a study abroad program in Australia.
Country, current events, money, and language information
- Travelex Cash Passport - The Cash Passport allows you to pre-load your travel budget
for use in ATMs, shops, and restaurants where Euros and Pounds are used. You can
load your Cash Passport with a choice of two currencies, € Euro and £ GBP. The Cash
Passport is not connected to your bank account. It is PIN and signature protected and
has 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance. Students should carefully check fees,
currency conversion rates and "fine print" before signing up for any card.
- Foreign Languages for Travelers
Health & Safety
- CMI/MEDEX Basic plan runs $32/month for ages under 30
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) from the U.S. Department of State
- Know Before You Go - Safety Video
- Health and Safety Abroad - A comprehensive video series by Dr. Frank Gillingham, medical director for HTH Worldwide, designed to help study abroad students prepare for their experience. The series covers how to address, avoid or manage common health and safety issues.
- WVUH-East/Business Health ~ for immunizations, travel health questions, etc.
Please call for appointments and pricing information at 304-264-1247
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Culture Shock & Transition Adjustment
- Share your Study Abroad story with others
- CIS: Center for International Studies
- Global Learning Semesters
- GlobaLinks Learning Abroad
- ISA: International Studies Abroad
- ISEP: International Student Exchange Program
Shepherd works with WVU for ISEP Programs.
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR ISEP:
Fall programs - January 15
Spring programs - September 1
You MUST consult with the Shepherd Study Abroad Office several weeks
prior to applying for an ISEP placement.
- KEI: Knowledge Exchange Institute
- Study in Europe - European Commission