1. Review and explore the Study Abroad Office website.
2. Create an account.
3. Meet with a Study Abroad Advisor or ask questions online from your Study Abroad Account about choosing a program and about policies and procedures.
4. Meet with your academic advisor to see how study abroad will fit into your academic program. Ask if you will need course syllabi in addition to course descriptions.
5. Apply to study abroad through your study abroad account.
6. Once you are accepted to study abroad, apply online for the program and follow all application and enrollment procedures.
7. Pick up a Shepherd University Study Abroad Transfer Approval Form from the Study Abroad Office and complete it. Take the completed form to the Registrar's Office.
8. Meet with Financial Aid.
9. Update your Study Abroad Account frequently with revised application and/or enrollment status.
10. Participate in a mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation meeting.
Study Abroad Policies and Procedures
1. Plan ahead and meet with the study abroad office personnel.
2. Complete your transfer approval forms before you leave to ensure that your course credits will be transferred back to Shepherd.
3. Meet with financial aid. Your completed transfer approval forms are required to complete your financial aid.
4. While abroad Shepherd study abroad students must adhere to Shepherd's academic and conduct policies, the policies of the program sponsor, host institution, and host country.